Lawn Care in Papillion
One of the best parts about living in Papillion is getting to enjoy being outside in beautiful weather for most of the year. Whether you’re hosting a backyard barbeque, birthday party, or just relaxing on the weekend with family and friends, you want your Papillion lawn to look its best. But caring for your yard involves more than just mowing once a week during the spring and summer. Your lawn probably needs a little extra TLC to help combat pests, weeds, or a lack of nutrients, and the local lawn care professionals from Sunset Lawns are here to help.
We are a small, locally-operated, and family-owned business that is proud to have been serving customers in the Omaha and Council Bluffs area since 1990. All of our technicians are licensed, insured, and certified in managing lawns and grass plants, so you can rest easy knowing your yard is in good hands. As members of the community that we work in, we rely on our extensive experience working with local lawns to make your yard the best it can be!
Lawn Fertilization in Papillion
Having a beautiful, lush, and bright green lawn isn’t just about making a nice place for you, your family, and your furry friends to enjoy on the weekends. It can also raise your home’s value and increase its curb appeal. That’s why making sure your lawn receives regular fertilization is such an important step in any lawn care routine, and why you need to call the local lawn fertilization experts from Sunset Lawns.
Our comprehensive, six-step lawn fertilization program works all throughout the year to make sure your lawn has everything it needs to thrive no matter the season:
- Early spring: we will apply an initial treatment of slow-release fertilizer as well as a pre-emergent weed control and insecticide treatment if needed.
- Late spring: another fertilizer application will help your yard get ready for warmer temperatures, while pre-emergent helps to prevent summer weeds from cropping up.
- Mid-summer: we continue to apply slow-release fertilizers to boost your lawn during the hottest part of the year and apply an insecticide to combat this season’s primary pest, grubs.
- Late summer: with less moisture available for your yard, we use fertilizers and potash to help combat potential stress on your grass plants from drought and disease.
- Early fall: to help your lawn recover from the summer heat and lack of water, we apply a fast-acting fertilizer and protective insecticides as needed.
- Late fall and pre-winter: we use a fertilizer specifically targeted to get your yard ready for cold temperatures and winter weather, as well as supporting grass growth and vibrant color in the spring.
Weed Control in Papillion
Not only do weeds spoil the appearance of your Papillion yard, they can also harm the overall condition of your lawn and damage your own health! Weeds compete with your grass plants for important nutrients, take up space that otherwise would be filled with beautiful, green grass, and can cause allergic reactions in humans and animals.
Whether dealing with existing weeds or looking to prevent them from cropping up entirely, you need to reach out to the Papillion weed control experts from Sunset Lawns. We offer both a broadleaf weed control program to target pesky weeds like dandelions and purslane as well as grassy weed control if bluegrass or tall fescue are your lawn’s problem. For all-around weed prevention, our lawn fertilization program includes pre-emergent treatments to keep weeds from cropping up in the spring.
Perimeter Pest Control in Papillion
Like weeds, pests are something you don’t want to see anywhere around your Papillion home or business. Although some pests, like ants and grubs, are relatively harmless to humans, others, like spiders, can have serious health consequences if not handled properly and promptly. Additionally, pests can cause serious damage to your property and possessions, so you’ll want to contact the local pest control experts from Sunset Lawns. Our perimeter pest control program includes three applications around your home or business from May through October to keep your space free of troublesome pests.
Lawn care doesn’t have to be complicated and confusing. With help from the turf management specialists from Sunset Lawns, you can enjoy a beautiful, luxurious lawn all year round. You won’t have to worry about threats like pests, weeds, drought, or disease affecting your Papillion yard when you partner with us. Be sure to fill out our easy online contact form, or give us a call at 402-537-8030 to schedule your lawn care and get started achieving your dream lawn today!